It's our approach that sets us apart. Our patients need for family is always at the heart of our work, and we do everything we can to give as many people as possible the chance to have a family of their own.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Clinical Secretary to join our team to provide administrative and secretarial support to the Consultants as part of a wider clinical secretarial team, you don't need to have worked in the medical sector before, however, if you're the sort of person who will go above and beyond to deliver outstanding service, a quick learner, have a strong eye for detail and are a team player, we'd love to hear from you .
We offer unrivalled opportunities and this is an excellent role in which to further develop your career at CARE Fertility.The Role
- Undertake responsibility for the receipt and despatch of correspondence for consultants
- Type clinical letters, reports and documents by transcribing from audio or copy typing
- Ensure discharge letters are completed and sent to referring doctors.
- Ensure prescription/drug regimes are sent out promptly.
- File patient notes and results of all investigations after checking by consultants
- Book appointments for patients for review consultations and blood tests
- Undertake general filing and photocopying
- Take and direct telephone calls from patients, GPs, consultants etc and ensure telephone calls are returned
- Patient notes must be available for the consultant before returning calls
- Take patient telephone calls for commencement of treatment and complete treatment sheets
- Assist with the general workload when other secretarial and administrative staff are away from the clinic
- Attend clinic meetings and take minutes as required
- Attend open events as a representative of administration on a rotational basis
- Book treatment procedures as require
What we'll do for you
- Good standard of education, with GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths at grade A- C
- Previous demonstrable experience within an office environment
- Proficient IT skills with ability to use Microsoft office packages as well an ability to navigate organisational databases
- An understanding and appreciation of patient confidentiality
- Act as a CARE Fertility ambassador
- A desire for continuous personal and professional development
In a culture where hard work and great results are recognised, you can look forward to a competitive salary. That's on top of a pension scheme, life assurance, and a range of other benefits.The Company
CARE Fertility is the one of the largest independent providers of fertility treatments in the world and draw on the knowledge of our wider team of over 600 dedicated doctors, embryologists, nurses and support staff who all work together to ensure our patients get the very best chance of success.
Our excellent service to our patients has allowed for market growth which means we continuously seek new and fresh talent to complement our current team as well as developing our people to reach their full potential. Join our team and look forward to a challenging and rewarding role, with great results bringing great opportunity for recognition and promotion with the CARE Group.
This post is subject to a standard DBS check.