Underwriter – Asset Finance05 Jan 17 06:01 pm - Jobs - London £35,000 Pa
We are looking for a highly skilled and dynamic individual who is educated to degree or ACIB level to join the Business Finance Division at Private & Commercial Finance Group plc as an Underwriter. The business has recently been approved to become a bank and is seeking specialist experience in the asset finance sector to help to widen the depth and breadth of its underwriting team
Your background must be one of underwriting with at least 3 years’ experience in the Corporate/SME sector, with a specific focus on plant, machinery and vehicles. You must have a proven ability to analyse and assess finance proposals based on a variety of data sources, including but not limited to Experian, Creditsafe, Equifax, CIFAS and company accounts.
You will also need to have good inter-personal, communication and presentation skills as the role involves developing and maintaining strong relationships with introducers, high value customers and the bank’s credit committee. It will be a pre-requisite that you can deliver exceptional levels of customer service.
Your key responsibilities will be:
– Underwriting leasing and hire purchase proposals in accordance with delegated authorities;
– Providing credit analysis on leasing and hire purchase proposals requiring underwriting outside of delegated authority;
– Submitting credit approval recommendations to the bank’s credit committee;
– Providing quarterly analysis to the bank’s credit committee of the performance of the top 20 customers, making recommendations in respect of relationships either to be monitored carefully or to be further developed;
– Developing and maintaining strong relationship with both introducers and customers;
– Contributing to the achievement of the Group’s targets for volume, rate and quality of new business;
You will therefore possess strong communication and negotiation skills at all levels and an understanding of the various types of credit the business offers and their workings.
Salary range commensurate to experience, from £32K to £35K + benefits.
If you believe that you have the specific skills and experience for this role and want to join a growing company in the City, please contact our HR department by emailing [email protected] or by calling 020 7227 7500.
Ad ID: 6043325